Did you Know?
- That the Community Probation Services is an arm of the Department of Correctional Services?
- That the Department of Correctional Services is a Department of the Ministry of National Security?
- That the Probation Officer is an Officer of the Court?
- That the Probation Officer supervises clients placed on orders by the Children’s, Resident Magistrates Circuit Courts and the Parole Board?
- That the Probation Officer works with wards and inmates in the Juvenile and Adult Correctional Institutions?
- That the Probation Officer is the only civilian who supervises inmates and parolees in the Adult Institutions and in the Open Society.
- That there is a Probation Office in every parish in Jamaica, except Kingston & St. Andrew, St. James and St. Catherine which all have two Offices each?